headerphoto

26 Reasons I Love Marathons

Reason #26
I can run down the street in a tutu and not everyone will think I’m crazy

Reason #25
I have a place where I can ring a cowbell and
in my head scream “More cowbell!”

Reason #24
I get to eat anything I want post-marathon (BURRITO!!!!) 

Reason #23
I get to collect medals which make me feel like a winner just for trying

Reason #22
I know that the cheers of a stranger really do make a difference

Reason #21
I’ve discovered that high fives from kids can make your day

Reason #20
I’ve gotten to read so many funny and unique signs on the courses

Reason #19
I discovered that sometimes it’s more fun to cheer
on a friend than run the race yourself

Reason #18
They’ve helped me meet new people and make new friends

Reason #17
I’ve gotten to explore new cities through different races

Reason #16
I have an excuse to be outside regularly

Reason #15
I’ve learned about my body and abilities

Reason #14
I’ve learned the importance of rest

Reason #13
Months of training gives me a reason to eat healthier

Reason #12
Running regularly keeps me healthy

Reason #11
I've been able to run in the footsteps of Olympians
and world record holders

Reason #10
I’ve learned how to be humble

Reason #9
I’m a more self-confident person in all aspects of my life

Reason #8
I’ve learned to deal with disappointment

Reason #7
I’ve learned how to plan to accomplish my goals

Reason #6
I’ve learned to set realistic goals

Reason #5
I get to challenge myself over and over again

Reason #4
They’ve made me do things I’ve said I’d never do

Reason #3
They’ve taught me what true determination is

Reason #2
They give me time to talk to God

Reason #1
They make me believe that what my
parents said when I was little is true:


"Anything is possible if you try"



5 comments:

Little Miss Runshine said...

What a great post! I have the same sentiments about marathons!! :)

baboo128 said...

awesome reasons. have fun tomorrow and see you there!

Monika said...

Thank you! Marathon running is so wonderful! If I could get everyone I know to train for a race I would. I swear they really do change your life. :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm still saying that you can burritos anytime you want! ;)

Congrats on your finish!

Lily Fluffbottom said...

Just found your blog, and I'm already quite smitten. Can't wait to read more!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...