headerphoto

You Know You're a Nerd When....

... you are walking your dogs in the park and you whip out your Blackberry and check Twitter via Twitterberry and see a tweet from Elite Racing that gets you so excited that you then call your special someone to share the following news which is blurted out something like:

"OMG, I was just checking Twitter on my Blackberry and Elite Racing retweeted that Josh Cox tweeted that he and Ryan Hall who also tweets will be pacing some dude for the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon!"

What I saw to spawn such excitement looked like this:


To translate this to those of you who are not obsessed with running, Josh Cox is an elite marathon runner, 50K American record holder, Power Bar athlete, and former contestant/stud from "The Bachelor".

Ryan Hall is another elite runner who won the marathon in the 2008 Olympic Trials, came in 10th at the Beijing Olympics, holds the American record for the half marathon, and came in 3rd at the Boston Marathon last month.

These are big shot runners, and they're pacing a guy named Tom Bedford at the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon to support him in finishing the race in 2:25 (geez that's fast) to support the Entoto Foundation. More information: http://entoto.org/.

The reason that I am so excited about this, is that I'm hoping that they will be at the press conference on Friday and that I'll get a chance to meet them! (And take a cheesy smiley Japanese girl picture with them!) I know, who cares about the charity and why this guy is doing it and why these elite runners are helping him, its all about me getting a chance to meet some famous runners! Hey, at least I'm honest.

The press conference starts at 11am this Friday. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...