Wow, how did February go by so fast? This year is flying by! As I did at the end of January (more on my blog here), I'd like to review my 2012 goals by month. I have a feeling I'm wrapping up this month with another C ... but all is not lost! I think everything will fall into place better in March.
Reviewing my 2012 goals, here is how I ranked by in February category.
- Floss regularly: B - Probably doing so 4x per week
- Sleep a minimum of 8 hours per night: F - I'm using a sleep app on my iPhone called Sleep Cycle and I have only slept more than 6 hours once! I think the record was 7 hours.
- Eat more vegetables: A - I've made sure to have veggies at lunch & dinner
- Eat less processed food: A - I did a week long Whole Foods cleanse where I ate mostly fruits and vegetables, a lot of protein, and no processed food. This week really helped me break my sugar and salt addiction which had spiraled out of control.
- Register for less races and focus more on quality training: A - I've resisted so many race deals which have popped up in my inbox! I did register for the following races this month that I'd be planning on though. March - Super Seal Sprint Triathlon, May - Vancouver Half Marathon, September - San Diego Triathlon Classic, December - California International Marathon. These last four races might the the end of my additions for the whole year! We'll see!
- Incorporate strength training into my routine at least twice a week: D - I ended up only doing core workouts the first week of the month (3 of 14 planned days), and then they died out after that.
- Bike at least twice a week (once indoors, once outdoors): B - Completed 8 of 11 planned days and worked my way up to 40 miles!
- Do Bikram Yoga at least twice a month: A -Went twice! I think I'll be going more in March since I now have a package of classes at a studio closer to my house.
- Run a 3:55 full marathon: TBD
- Run a 1:45 half marathon: TBD
- Complete at least one triathlon (preferably Olympic distance): TBD - Signed up for an Olympic Distance in September! Also swam on 2 of my 4 planned Monday sessions.
- Complete a century ride (100 miles): TBD
- Get to work by 8-8:30am regularly (instead of 9am): F - Utter fail. Only made it to work before 8:30am once. BUT...this will totally change now that I'm coaching Girls on the Run again and have to get to work earlier so I can leave earlier twice a week.
- Develop a personal branding statement: TBD - Haven't worked on this but did write my first draft TED talk! More on my blog: Learning to Give a TED Talk, Or to just listen to the talk: check it out on youtube.
- Manage my expenses better: B -Thanks to my annual bonus I've paid off some debt and have developed a clearer financial strategy for the year.
- Attend church regularly: D -Well, after making it to church the first two weekends in January, I haven't been back since. I have been watching the podcast weekly though and I'm also on track with my bible-in-a-year attempt so far! I'm reading "The Daily Message: Through the Bible in One Year"
- Play the piano at least once a week: F -With everything I have going on I haven't had a chance to make time to relax and play the piano. My nights are filled with Glam Runner and Girls on the Run duties ... but March will be different!
- Continue to work to improve on everything I do: A -Although my scores don't reflect it, I feel like February was a great month!
How are you doing with your 2012 goals and resolutions?